
I've read many notes by others on the passing of President Hinckley, and most of them, as well as all the conversations I've had have been uplifting. I can appreciate that. I, myself, had a selfish moment when I finally heard on Monday afternoon that he had died.
I cried and cried. I loved President Hinckley. He was a great man and leader. He was faithful and daring. He was kind and sweet, and also very funny. I loved him most because he was relateable and seemed very approachable. I thought it said something about his character that he literally carried his cane upon his doctor's orders. Even that made me laugh.
Not only was he our prophet, seer, and revelator, he was our friend and looked out for us as a whole. I honestly felt that he loved me although he and I never met. So, I cried because he is now gone to me on this earth.
Since he has passed and I've had time to contemplate who he was and what he meant to me, and I realize why I liked him so much. I guess I feel that if he can be humorous and friendly, then maybe my Heavenly Father and my Savior could be also, and that makes me happy. It makes me feel like life and the afterlife isn't going to be like a starched shirt.
So, thank you President Hinckley for opening my eyes. Thanks for reminding me to enjoy my life and make sure to laugh sometimes. I will remember you as more than just a prophet. Till we meet again....
Camille



No comments:
Post a Comment