I would say surgery went well.
Dr. Green went in and cleaned up the tear by cutting stuff away. He took pictures which are confusing to someone like me. Also, once he got in their he saw that a tendon on the opposing side of my knee was very tight, so he "loosened" it. Whatever that means, and so I have radiating pain up my thigh on top of the pain from 3 holes in my knee. My pain level has been okay, although fluctuating when I need another dose of Lortab. I definitely know that I need another one in about 10 minutes.
The overall experience was very strange for me though.
I pretty much don't remember anything after the anesthesiologist gave me an anti-anxiety medication. Matt told me I was awake and talking and that he gave me a kiss, but when I awoke I kind of panicked because I couldn't remember going in to surgery. I, being soft-hearted, got a little weepy because I wanted my hubby to comfort me and the nurse said, "Sorry, not gonna happen in here," which made me upset with her.
The sleepy medicine had powerful effects on me all day. Once we got home around 3pm I slept more until 7:30pm. I've gotten up on my crutches a little, but not too much because I get a little dizzy.
Tomorrow should be challenging, but I'll live throught that too. I am very fortunate to have so many loving people around me that are willing to help me and take care of me. I love and appreciate them all individually for everything. Even those of you who have simply thought of my well-being. Thanks!
Well, it's Definitely time for more pain meds. OWW-eee! ;)
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Wow! Rest up and don't push it too hard!
I'm so glad to hear that you are doing okay! We were worried about you and your husband, especially after he mistook my number for Rochelle's number. Let us know if you need anything!
Glad to hear things went well. Wish we were there to help, but you will be in our thoughts as you hopefully have a speedy recovery.
Post a Comment