My knee is healing just fine. I had an extremely low-key week after the surgery. So low-key in fact, that I was deliriously bored, thus on Monday my friend and I made strawberry jam. It was quite an adventure for two women who'd never made jam before not to mention that one of them was a gimp. Since the jam came out so wonderfully, the next day my friend came over and made bread. After two days of endless activity my knee was more swollen than it was right after surgery. And the pain?!? Oy ve. Needless to say, Wednesday was recovery day, again. And Thursday too. Oh well. It's not all that unusual for me to push it too far.
Oh, and on Tuesday, (bread day,) I had an update with my orthopedic surgeon and found out that I had not one, but two tears in my medial meniscus. Not only that, but the underside of the patella was hashed up and needed cleaning, I required a lateral release (cutting of the lateral tendon from the kneecap,) and had a cyst in the front of my knee just below the kneecap. So, I was quite a mess in there, apparently. I'm really glad I got it taken care of now instead of later.
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment