I TOTALLY FREAKED OUT! GROSS!!!!!!!! Carson never had worms that I knew about, so this is new territory for me. I did my online research and we got some drugs at Petco which seemed to help. So, crisis averted.
Then, about 2 days after the worm issue, I find another post-it note from Kayley that said, "Your dog has a weird lesion on his front right paw." Awesome! I thought. So, I go grab the dog and low-and-behold, there's a chickpea sized wound that's really swollen with a slice down the center. Great. We couldn't afford to take Hinckley to the vet before, and I still can't take him in, so we're just waiting and hope it heals itself...
So, now it's been about a week and a half. Yesterday evening we took Kayley and James for a drive to see Zion, and when we got home Hinckley runs out to me like usual, but his tail whipped my leg and I felt something wet. I asked Matt why his tail was wet and Matt looked around in the house and says, "Maybe it's because there's a huge pile of diarrhea in here."
Yeah, GROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh, and the smell............
I can't believe Matt didn't catch a wiff right away because I could smell it before I got to the doorway. UGH! So we mopped up the juice spots all over the tile and Kayley and James broke out their carpet cleaner..... Needless to say, it was disgusting!!!!!!
So, Hinckley's been banned to the backyard until Matt gets home from work and gives him a bath. I can't muscle him well enough to do it myself. I just hope and pray this is the end of Hinckley's issues for the year.... knock on wood.



1 comment:
That's so gross!!! You have more patience than me! I'm taking care of all the living things I can handle for the moment! Good luck!!
Post a Comment