
As some of you know we've had Matt's cousin, James, and his wife, Kayley, staying with us. James is a trucker and is, therefore, gone. A LOT. So, when he was home we all packed into the trusty Jeep and drove out to Zion for a quick hike. We went on the Canyon Overlook trail just outside the mile-long tunnel.

The tunnel made Kayley really nervous, but the hike made all the worries go away. James kept wanting to hike off the beaten path and Kayley was in awe the whole time.
I just want to know when I lost the awe for this place. I wish I hadn't grown up around this place so I could more easily realize how amazing it is.

Of course I had to do something stupid in such a beautiful environment, so here's the, "Yep, I'm a dork." shot for the day. Matt was so confused as to why I wanted to "pretend" to climb over the railing. Now that I see the photo, I kinda wonder the same thing. I think it was lack of oxygen to the brain from the hike, etc. (I'll take whatever excuse I can use..)

And, of course, the guys had to act tough out in nature. It all started with, "Hey, let's roll that boulder down the hill," and then a, " Yeah, it'll be cool!" I hollered a little and we ended up with 10 picture attempts to get enough lighting on their faces straining to pretend to move a heavy rock.
So, here ya go guys, you look
really tough.
No comments:
Post a Comment